Friday, April 15, 2011

Random

...facts that aren't worth blogging separately.
  • Yesterday I partially felted the lavender Dorothy while attempting to spin it in the washer (so I could block it again and do a photo tutorial),
  • a few months ago the folks on Ravelry came up with a way for us to sell our designs on yarn shops throughout the planet. I don't know yet how well it will work, but I'll keep you posted,
  • after adding borders to one of Dorothy's charts, finding out they were in the wrong place and wasting time editing the image on another software, I found out I can erase the borders by holding down the right button of my mouse as I trace over the border,
  • for the last week or so I've been knitting a new shawl pattern and am thinking about trying my hand at all the different construction methods I come across (which will, hopefully, lead to a bunch of new designs),
  • the ghosts of ideas are haunting me again. They've been keeping me up at night for 3 or 4 nights already. And now they're coming in pairs!
  • I really, really want to start working on these ghost ideas, but need to put the final touches on the pattern for Dorothy and finish the new design that is OTN,
  • I've redone the charts for Linda using Intwined and was amazed at how fast it went. Now, I need to re-write it.

2 comments:

  1. My knitting doesn't keep up with your designing.

    I would make next year your year, but that wouldn't help me with all the playground knitting time.

    I can't wait to see what you're dreaming of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to work on whatever the ghosts tell me, or they'll stop talking to me.
    I bought a really cool pattern the other day, but am saving it for when the ideas dry out.
    The shawl I'm working on now is fairly simple and could be done in little time, with minimum attention - is that what you call playground knitting time?

    ReplyDelete