Thursday, October 28, 2010

My favorite holiday (kinda)

IMG_1671

     Happy Halloween! A few days ago I saw this über cool wreath in Craftzine and decided our front door needed one. 

     As you can see if you click here, the original one is almost completely different from ours.  The reason?  We couldn't find a whole skeleton...Well, we did find some, but they were either way more expensive than what we wanted to pay or just plain badly done.  So, in desperation we grabbed a black wreath and the last remaining skull from one local hobby supply store.
     When we got home we began brainstorming about how it would work.  I knew we had some small battery operated lights, so I wrapped the lights around the wreath and we used two of them for eyes.
     I then covered the whole thing with fake cobwebs - more for stability than anything else.  It came out pretty cool, don't you think?

     On other news, I got up late today and by 10:00 A.M. I had done all the corrections needed on the PPaola pattern.  Pretty amazing, considering I'd spent almost 4 days fighting with one chart.
     I'm also surprised that none of the test knitters have quit yet.  There were so many mistakes...I don't think I'll ever be able to thank all my awesome test knitters enough.

     The Halloween decoration is pretty much done, the known mistakes in the pattern are fixed (I hope), so at 10:00 A.M. I was sitting here, feeling empty.  Odd, isn't it?  It took me a while to realize that the empty space was previous filled with guilt.  I was feeling guilty for making the test knitters wait and for not getting my act together and going out to buy the supplies to make the wreath.
     The rest of the day will be interesting - I can do whatever I feel like, not what I have to do.  Tomorrow is another matter, there will (probably) be new mistakes to fix, groceries to buy...stuff I have to do, and I'm fine with that.

2 comments:

  1. I had a moment today when I realized I could fix the bed if I wanted to....or not.

    It kind of made my day.

    (I fixed the bed).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing? I've spent all the time since this post trying to figure out what to do next. I've worked a bit on another design and will now organize the many cardboard boxes. Oh, yeah! And do the bed ;)

    ReplyDelete