I finally got my act together, made the last chart for PPaola, put the document together and managed to get an awesome group of test knitters working on it.
I was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep track more than 2 or 3 people working on a pattern, but I'm changing my mind about that. With more people testing at the same time, one can help the other when I'm not available, giving me more time to do something else.
A funny thing happened when we were figuring out who would do what. There are 8 people test knitting PPaola, yet only two are going to use beads. Judging from what I see on Ravelry I'd think there is a lot of people out there who love to bead. It's possible I managed to gather a group that doesn't or maybe, just maybe, most people bite the bullet when they get too tempted by the shine...
I'll be one of the people beading (using fingering yarn). I hate to do it, but love the result. I'm using sock yarn from Webs and transparent AB beads.
Today we got a new mattress - one of those where you can change the density. Joel's sleep pattern has been annoying me for a while now. Not because he keeps me awake, but because I know that all the tossing and turning makes for awful nights with very little rest. It annoys me to know that after a bad night's sleep he has to get up at 5:00 a.m. to go to work. It was time to get a new mattress and we were lucky enough to find such mattresses were on sale, so we bought one.
It got here today and I spent good part of the morning setting it up. It comes disassembled, which is great as it makes it possible for me to take it upstairs by myself. The assembly itself was pretty easy...until I had to zip the top cover up.
I felt like I was trying to zip up a size 2 skinny jeans on a size 16 person. I now have two huge blisters on both my index fingers, but the bed is ready to be slept on - I'm stubborn ;)
Now I need to find out if I'll be able to knit with hurt fingers...