Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Things you do when you don't want to do what you have to do

I'm a PhD in procrastination.  I've been meaning to write down the pattern for Linda for the last few weeks, but there was always "something" else to do (right...).  This last Monday, I decided to use some psychology on myself to make me do it - I decided to clean up the studio ;)

When Monday morning came, I had the choice to either clean up and re-organize the studio (aka spare bedroom) or sit down and write the pattern.  I had most of the charts done already and the idea of dragging the vacuum cleaner upstairs wasn't a pleasant one, so I did it.

Well, kinda did it.  I have a first draft ready and sent it out to the test knitters.  It's amazing how much weight it lifted out of my back.  Before writing it, I didn't feel like knitting, or spinning, or dyeing or anything else for that matter.  I feel like I can finally move on and the knitting mojo is back :)

I'm guessing it will be at least a week or so until the test knitters find any problem and I'm hoping I can dye some rovings, practise a little more carding and maybe, just maybe, re-organize the studio.  I won't post before pics, though - I'm ashamed of the huge mess.

Right now, I'm...you guessed it, procrastinating some more.  I have to go to the UPS store to return a pair of shoes I bought online, instead, I'm here writing this entry.  Truth be told, I avoid using the car as much as I can.  We've been having problems with it for a long time now and I never know when it's going to work.  I'm always afraid it will just die on me when I'm driving.

I also want to write two posts here - one about my designing process and another about a few things I've figured out while spinning - later.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who procrastinates, and then finds it really difficult to do anything else!

    I can't wait to hear about your design process!

    ReplyDelete