Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The secret is out

     I suck at keeping secrets...I came up with the idea for my latest design sometime last year, but due to other obligations, had to sit on it until now.  I'm so glad I don't have to keep it a secret anymore.



     Here is my latest, Dorothy.  I've done two versions so far.  This design is flexible enough that it will look good with many different weights of yarn.  This one was done with a commercial fingering yarn:
Dorothy



     This second one (actually it was the first prototype) was done with a hand spun, N ply, sport weight yarn.  I bet it would look great in lace weight too - I may or may not knit one with lighter yarn, when I get it out of my system.  Right now I couldn't knit another one to save my life.

     This pattern is being test knit ATM and I'm planning on offering two options of edgings on it.  You can read more about the specs here.

2 comments: