Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I have no life...

...which isn't really news, as this is how it's been for the most part throughout my life.  The fact that I'm saying, or rather, writing it out loud only means I'm aimless as of now.

There are many things I want to do, many I have to do.  Yet I sit here, in front of the TV (for white noise) with the laptop on my lap and surf the web, pretending to live other peoples' lives, by reading their blogs.

This post is not because I'm seeking pity, it's just a realization, one I've come to many times before in my life and usually it means I'm bored.

I've lead a very interesting life so far, seen and done things most people wouldn't believe or do.  But there are down times.  This is one of them.

I need organization but I loath routine, which makes me pretty hard to please.  A few examples?  Sure.  I'm procrastinating releasing a new pattern, because, among other things, I'll have to deal with it for a few months afterwards and I don't much care for that.  I want to solve a problem and move on.  As a consequence, new ideas are getting jam packed in my head - which makes for a very confusing environment.  If I try to knit on one of the many UFOs, those ideas jump in front of me and I'm caught in a crazy dichotomy: I need to finish what I'm doing so I can move on, but can't because the new idea gets so loud I can't think about what I'm doing at the moment.

Did I mentioned I don't like doing the same thing over and over again?  Yeah.  I've been dyeing and spinning the Arco Iris yarn for more than a year now.  To me, it's a problem I've solved a long time ago.  I keep on doing it, though, because I keep on getting requests for it. 
As I spun this last one I decided this is it.  I'm done with it - at least for now.  I don't want to do it anymore.  When I first did it, there were so many ideas in my head about dyeing and spinning, but they had to be kept silent, as I had to dye and spin yet another skein...I can't remember any of them anymore.
If I kept on doing this same yarn, I know I'd eventually give up on dyeing and spinning all together.  So, I won't do this yarn again.

This post was interrupted to rescue a baby bunny that Hobbes brought home - the second one in 3 weeks. (See, I do have an interesting life - every now and then).  Anyway, I don't remember where I was going with the rant above, so ...meh!

I'll leave you with a few pics I forgot to post on my last entry and cute photos of the bunny (which, btw is now safely outside - the first one had me running around town to find a place where they would take care of it - Hobbes hurt that one).

A bath rug done in crochet and an awful looking yarn (what was I thinking when I bought this kinda yarn):


One of those let's see if I can do this things - It may or may not become a rug or an afgan at some point (if I ever get interested in it again):


Some fiber that I dyed a long time ago and felted during the process.  For some reason I couldn't throw it away and when I got the drum carder decided to run it through it.  Turns out felted fiber makes for a very soft yarn:


The Arco-iris yarn - the last one I'll do for now:


And the bunny that made me forget what I was about to write, which wasn't a bad thing, after all:
The poor thing was so scared that when I put it outside it didn't know what to do and just stood there.  I hope it will be ok and will wise up about other furry creatures.

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling... being lost among so many things, not knowing where to shoot or where to grab.

    BTW, is Hobbes the dog (or the cat)? Pretty amazing he didn't hurt the bunny!

    ReplyDelete