Saturday, February 27, 2010

Luiza in 20/2

As I said in my previous post, I'm working on another Luiza, this time using 20/2 yarn, so I could answer questions coming from people knitting it in lace weight

WIP Luiza

The yarn I'm using is Jaeggerspun and it comes waxed, in a cone. It will bloom a bit after soaking.
This wasn't as intensive a blocking as I'd normally do with a FO, but it gives me an idea of how many repeats I'll need to do. On the pic above, I'm starting a new repeat (8 flowers).

Since the yarn comes in a cone, I don't have to worry about running out of yarn, and I'll keep on knitting until I have a good sized shawl (I'm hoping for somewhere around a 5 foot wingspan).

I don't know how much yarn I used so far, because I forgot to weight the yarn and needles before I began :P

People who know me, know I get bored easily and seldom knit the same design twice. This will be my third time with this one and I'm thinking about creating a different edging for it, so I don't poke my eyes out. If it works, I'll make it available as an addendum to the pattern.

1 comment:

  1. Oi Jane eu quero esclarecer que em nenhum momento quis te envergonhar, e muito menos ganhar sua antipatia. Sou fã de seu trabalho, e quero que me perdoe se te magoei, sei que falei palavras duras. Quero que o melhor aconteça em sua familia e vida, que seja muito feliz e que Deus te der mais inspirações como o Xale Luiza.
    espero que esse mal entendido seja desfeito.
    abraços

    ReplyDelete