Thursday, February 25, 2010

Agressive Ideas

I've been having an awful time falling asleep for the last two nights. I get to bed and keep on flipping around, with images of shawls and stitch patterns floating around my head.

This morning it dawned on me. Those images are ghosts of ideas knocking on my skull, demanding to get out.
They might turn out to be wrong, not work out or be ugly, but they need to be knit...or I'll go crazy(ier).

There are a few things I need to do/finish before I can sit down and work on them. I have a few UFOs that have been sitting in their bags for so long, I'm beginning to wonder if they'll run away. I also need to knit another Luiza. You see, Fleegle is selling kits for this shawl - you can find them here.
Both times I knit it, it was done with sock yarn and her kit has a 20/2 yarn. With the kit you have the option to make a very big shawl (she is generous like that) using a single strand of yarn or you can use two strands and get more of a gradation of color (knit with one color,then with the two colors and end with two strands of the second color).

As luck has it, I happen to have a similar yarn in one of my many yarn bins and will knit Luiza again so I can post the specs for that weight.

Got to go weight some yarn to put in my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment