Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Challenges

So, I joined the fun over on Ravelry and joined the Ravelympics and 10 shawls in 2010. Here is what I've done so far.
A second Gail - because I needed to review the pattern. The challenges here were to use a yarn that was stashed for a long time (more than 2 years for this one) and finish it in less than 48 hours (life got in the way...sigh).
This one was entered in both Ravelympics and 10 shawls in 2010.















The second one is a baby jacket, done, again, with "what was I thinking" yarn which I tried to make into something before with no success:

It used less than one skein of yarn and was done in less than 24 hours.

This jacket, along with a few other items I knit just because and have no use for will be donated later on.

If you look to your left <-- you'll see that I finally have something up on my Etsy shop. It is a commission and won't stay up for long. I have one skein of sock yarn drying in the closet right now (the only downside to winter, IMO - I like to put stuff outside to dry) and if it turns out ok, I'll put it up in my shop too. Let's see what else...One of the reasons I slowed down when knitting a second Gail was because new ideas kept on popping up in my head. I cast on for another project yesterday - twice, so far - and will probably fog and cast on again today using a different yarn/needle combo. If this new design works out, it will be flexible enough so that a pletora of shapes can be done - from scarves to blankets :).

No comments:

Post a Comment